Saturday, April 20, 2013

[learning, always learning...]

Dear future photographer,

# 9 - Learn to use a DSLR camera.
See my bucket list here.

Oh me, oh my.  I am turning thirty in five days.  Yeesh.
(Does that make you feel old, Mum? Hehe.)

Anyhoo, just checking out my list of twenty-nine things I wanted to do before turning thirty.  This was a weird one, because I don't know at what point I've 'made it' in the DSLR arena.  There are still loads of things I need to learn, and practice.  We did a ten week course when we first brought our camera (about two years ago now) which I think gave me a fairly decent foundation.

BUT I'd still like to feel confident on what I guess is the next level of manual photography - manual focus, metered exposure, changing settings quickly to suit changing light.  But I'm pretty happy with my progress up until now.  I've taken some photos in manual that I'm proud of.  

SO I'm happy to tick this one of as done and done. *dusts off hands*

All of the following pics are largely unedited except for the occasional crop or frame.










water fountain, hamilton gardens // first maternity shoot //  austrian alps //  norman church, england //  lake lugano, switzerland //  botanic gardens, vancouver // city skyline, czech republic // kamari beach, santorini //  cottage, iceland

2 comments:

  1. B.E.A.Utiful .. love your pics - you have def. made it to that goal :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go stace. Super pretty. Maybe when you come home you can help me with mine :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - you really do make my day!