Tuesday, July 24, 2012

[pancake cake...]


Sounds awesome, right?!

Well, it is pretty great.  Think pancakes, cream, chocolate ganache and raspberries.  I saw it on Jamie Oliver's BBQ special (he made it outside with a bunch of children which was cool) and thought I'd give it a go for my friend K's birthday.




There are a few changes I think I'd make.  I think I'd add some jam or something to sweeten it - particularly if it won't all be eaten immediately.  The next day it was a bit doughy.  Also I had a few executional issues I had but overall I think it worked out okay...

Well, I thought it did anyway.  Hehe.  The next day I took the rest to work and left a note telling my colleagues to help themselves.  They did - it was all gone by the end of the day, but no one really knew it was me that had made it.  While I was having my lunch I heard the raw, unedited version of the review of my cake.  There were many negative responses but I guess it's all good learning, right?!  Haha, and made for an entertaining lunch break for me... Too funny.

It's a pretty simple concept - pancakes, ganache and cream and layer them up.  
You can find the recipe here.
Thanks, Jamie!

2 comments:

  1. It LOOKS awesome, even if it wasn't so great the next day. I don't know how I would have remained undercover in the lunchroom... probably would have either laughed out loud or turned bright red!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - you really do make my day!